Thursday, June 23, 2005

Preview of Coming Events

Tuesday afternoon I got an email from Barbara, the director of my program at UT, asking if I could participate in a symposium on service learning the university is hosting in September. I have been trying to incorporate some service learning (mostly focused on environmental concerns) into my composition classes, so I said yes. The event isn't until September, I thought; I won't have to worry about this before I go back to school. Then yesterday I took a closer look at the description of the event and saw that presentation proposals had to be submitted by Friday, June 24. Yikes!

To tell the truth, almost two months into summer break, I've nearly forgotten what pressure is like. Today and tomorrow I get a refresher, a taste of what awaits me at the end of August.

Deadline or no I'm still going to the Huron tomorrow morning. Maybe at Riverside park, which is unexplored water for me.

No comments: