Monday, May 09, 2011

Summer is Icumen in*

One more class to grade and I will once again be free from the classroom for three months. There will be plenty of other academic chores, not to mention house and yard work crying to be done, but somewhere in all this I hope there will be time for fishing, and blogging. Last summer was a wash for fishing. A handful of days up north, and only three or four for bass on the Huron. I've got to change that. Of course I'll have to devote some time to waterfowl scouting.

I was up north last weekend for the Michigan trout opener. Nice hendrickson hatches, few feeders. A few trout on streamers on Monday morning. This Wednesday I'm headed to Baldwin for a couple of days on the Pere Marquette, a river I'm always saying I want to fish more.

I'll tweet reports from the field, and have the writeup sometime next weekend.

*If you were sleeping through English Lit and didn't recognize the title of the post, here's a refresher.

No comments: