This kind of weather in April isn't common around here, but it happens. And it has now happened on the eve of the NCAA basketball finals, with Michigan State playing for the title against North Carolina. Perhaps the spring snowstorm will put the willies into those southern boys and mess up their game. With the Tar Heels favored, I'll look for hope where I can.
I actually am not much of a sports fan, and college sports I see as the bane of higher education. Still, I like to see Michigan State,where I did graduate work, do well. I especially like to see them beat the University of Michigan. Yet I don't follow their teams closely. I didn't listen to one of their games until the last quarter of their Elite Eight game against Louisville. Saturday night, when they won their semifinal, I was out to dinner with friends and heard only the last 30 seconds of their match with UConn. That was enough, and if I'd only heard the score the next day, I'd have been satisfied. I won't watch the game tonight, though I'll probably put it on the radio while I'm working.
So my blood doesn't exactly run green and white. But today the snow and patches of open grass are taking up my slack and then some, radiating more school spirit than all the denizens of the Izzone combined.
No comments:
Post a Comment