Thursday, January 01, 2009

New Year's Bloggolution

Hope everyone had a pleasant new years' celebration. Kristine and I just stayed in and watched a few episodes of The Wire. At least this year we didn't go to bed before midnight, like we once did.

I'm going to be doing something a little different in this space over the next few weeks/months, until I can post some actual fishing reports. While I may write the odd entry about whatever I'm thinking/reading/hearing at the moment, I'm going to channel most of my blogging efforts into some accounts of fishing trips taken before FTR came into being. I'm going to take some time with these to make them more readable than my average posting, so some time may pass between entries, but don't take that as a sign that the blog has gone into hibernation for the winter.

I want to write about some of the occasions that especially influenced my perspective on and participation in the sport. This is somewhat self-indulgent, like most memoirs, but good memoirs will leave readers thinking about something other than the writer. I hope my recollections will do that.

A good new year to all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like an interesting way to spend some blogging time. I'll look forward to reading your stories.