Friday, July 13, 2012

Post of Evil x 2 (& Ominous Portents for Duck Season)

My 666th post on Friday the 13th!  I've draped myself  with crucifixes to prevent channeling some demon while I type  (and here the camera on my laptop is broken...so sorry...)

Actually, I saw something yesterday that's even more troubling.  Early in the morning I went to look at some of my waterfowling spots and found them either dry or super low on water.  The pond where I planned to ambush  some geese on the early goose opener now consists of a mud flat with scattered puddles, which may mean I don't hunt early goose at all. It shouldn't be a shock, I guess, given the dry winter and the lack of rain and high temps this summer.  Opening day plans are going to change drastically unless we get September monsoons, and I won't hold my breath. 

This in a year with a good hatch, too.  Hope any ducklings reared in these spots managed to get to bigger water. 

And as I sit blogging on the day of evil...I wonder if I could sell my soul for a weekly deluge?

No comments: