On the spur of the moment Monday, I called my dad to see how he was feeling and whether he might want to try to fish this week. Yesterday looked good, so I went over in the afternoon and we tried our luck on Gull Lake, where we often fished when I was growing up.
It was a beautiful day--warm but not too hot, clear, a pleasant breeze that let up shortly into the evening, the water a pure electric blue. Traffic on the often busy lake was minimal.
I don't know if I've enjoyed a day outside this summer as much as I did yesterday. Sometimes "just being out there" really is enough, though we did catch a few good sized panfish. When we left the lake a little after 9, I was surprised at how light it still was, which told me just how little time I've spent outdoors this summer.
I was pleased to see my father looking strong. You'd never guess he was a day over 69.
No comments:
Post a Comment