Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Animated

I normally don't use this blog to shill for entertainment conglomerates, but, probably like half the bloggers on the net, I couldn't resist seeing what I would look like as a Simpsons character, and so I clicked on "Create Your Simpson's Avatar" over at the Simpsons movie site. Here I am, as I might be seen through the eyes of Korean animators:




And so, according to the fine print, my likeness becomes property of Rupert Murdoch. Is there anything the man doesn't want to own?





I won't be blogging much for a while. Classes start in less than two weeks, and I've got lots to prepare in the meantime. Of course this also means I'll be heading to the Au Sable in three weekends to fish terrestrials during the day and ephorons at night. That will take away some of the sting of summer's ending.

I fished a little over the weekend at the "Summer Camp" my wife's company holds every year. Went out onto the lake on Saturday with the husband of one of my wife's colleagues, a pretty serious bass fisherman, as it turned out. I got one hit on a popper, he nothing on spinnerbaits. He said he saw a lot of potential for using poppers in some situations, though, and told me he might add the flyrod to his arsenal.

No comments: